Dr. Omniyat Mohammed Al Hajeri
Consultant Endocrinology Diabetes and Metabolism, a member of the royal college of Physicians who graduated from medical school with 25 academic honors and medals with additional 13 distinction prizes. She is fully devoted to achieving the commitment of the health authority of AD to deliver reliable excellence in health care.
Her previous role in leading the Health Professionals Licensing department represent a major component of the core business of HAAD through credentialing, examination, licensing, post graduate education and continuous medical education sections.
Her current role in public health is a realization of a life time dream of saving lives millions at a time. She has also been involved in advising on policy, breast cancer prevention and control activities, human resources and legislation development.
- MB, BCH, BAO, LRCPS & NUI, the Royal College of Surgeons- Ireland 1999
- Membership of the Royal College of Physicians MRCP- Ireland 2001
- MPH- Health Care Management and Leadership Bloomberg School of Public Health-Johns Hopkins University, May 2011.
- DrPH in Health Policy and Management , The Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, enrolled May 2011.
Area of Specialization & Expertise
- Clinical career: started as an intern and then a house officer in internal medicine and Endocrinology in Ireland, worked as a senior registrar in Sheikh Khalifa Medical City and then as a consultant Internist and Endocrinologist in the Medical Center of Innovation and Excellence.
- Administrative: worked with HAAD, starting from a part time volunteer in 2001 to consultant and project manager in the Human resources Department, to establishing examination and licensing section and working as an acting head for the section to proposing a Health professionals Licensing Department and acting as a manager of the Department while maintaining five clinical sessions a week to eventually the move to full time Managerial role leading the Health professionals licensing department since 2007. Recently moved to the Public Health and Policy Division to work on many projects targeting the improvement of the health status of the population of Abu Dhabi.
Click here to return to the conference programme
- -Public Health programs development, implementation and evaluation.
- -Credentialing, evaluating, recruiting and licensing health professionals.
- -Advising on policy and regulations development as per international standards.
- -Providing, accrediting and facilitating international standard continuous medical education.
- -Adaptive Leadership
- -Linking credentialing, evaluation, examination, continuous medical education and post graduate education to build international standard, reliable and excellent group of health care professionals that deliver the best care possible to the AD population.