Qussay Abdul Wahab
Qussay Abdul Wahab, 36 years old, an Iraqi-Canadian citizen with over 14 years of entrepreneurial experience in gastronomy, information technology, supply chain management and small & medium sized enterprise consultancy. During his MBA studies, Qussay decided to join the corporate world and started of with Injazat Data Systems, an IT outsourcing company, as a business consultant. A year and a half later, in 2008, he joined Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development as a business counselor assisting UAE Nationals to startup their own ventures.
Qussay’s responsibilities revolved around the following:
- Main lead in the creation of 50+ projects in industrial, service and agriculture sectors
- Serve as the first point of contact for entrepreneurs, acting as a bridge connecting them to the various government agencies
- Identify and formulate measures to assist SME’s in starting or expanding their business
- Assist in matching SME’s with potential partners
- Identify areas for improvement among SME’s and recommend suitable training solutions
- Analyzing business situations, making recommendations and coaching applicants with regard to market feasibility, operations management, marketing strategies, business modeling and other topics
- Took part in Khalifa Fund’s initiatives and communicate with other external entities involved to ensure smooth execution
- Supervise and coach junior business counselors
- Supervise ad hoc teams when assigned
- Helped in creating and leading several initiatives in the Entrepreneurship Development Department such as:
- Kitchen Incubator – Lead initiator of the business concept development and business plan preparation with prospecting program partners and funding requirements through Public and Private Partnership (PPP). Entities involved include ADFCA, WRDC, ADM, DED and private-sector subject matter experts. Cost saving of circa AED 1.5M by conducting the task in-house.
- e-Knowledge Platform - The creation of a Central Repository System that will pertain to the offering of Market Intelligence; to be used by KF Staff and Entrepreneurs.
- Agribusiness - Building the Agribusiness profile in conjunction with KF partners in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi - Cluster Formation.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaigns – Lead initiator of the AKOUN campaign in collaboration with ADCED, WRDC and twofour54. Participated in the design and implementation of sector-specific awareness campaign in the agriculture and polymer sector in collaboration with WRDC, ADFSC and Borouge.
In the past, Qussay had undergone various business ventures as an entrepreneur. He
is dedicated and client-focused. He obtained his Bachelor Degree in Economics from
Concordia University, Montreal, Qc, Canada and recently awarded an MBA degree in
Strategic Management from the University of Strathclyde, Abu-Dhabi, UAE.
From a social standpoint, Qussay has initiated the “Strathclyde Community We Care Program” to raise awareness of the university and students in the local community, help local businesses achieve effectiveness and competitiveness, and raise money for the local charities. He is a frequent speaker on subjects related to entrepreneurship and business incubation.
Click here to return to the conference programme